Japan: The good, the bad, the ugly and everything in between when it comes to being a foreigner in Tokyo.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Pre-Departure

Before leaving for Seoul I had to do some partying in my backyard, so I hit up Tokyo with some old Seattle friends. It was good times! We ate fresh sushi, checked out the Imperial Palace, visited Harajuku (anyone know Gwen Stefani's album?!?), and even ate some Indian cuisine. Check out the pics.


My Northwest Profs at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo.


Callie, Phil, and I at the Imperial Garden in Tokyo for Hanami.

Here's a brief Japanese lesson:

A+B=C

A=Hana=flower
B=Mi=to see
C=Hanami=?!?!

Ding ding ding! (cue cheesy gameshow music) You guessed it...Hanami=Flower viewing. (particularly viewing the most sacred of all Japanese flowers- the cherry blossom) These people love to love the cherry blossom. They can't get enough of 'em... probably because the flowers bloom and then are gone two weeks later. So sad to be a cherry blossom.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Christina, we should totally get together soon! It really has been too long. But, ask and you shall receive . . . you gonna be around Saturday afternoon? I'll be in the big city. Hit me back and let me know if you wanna get together. Oh yeah, and how was Korea?

8:37 AM

 
Blogger Scott said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:37 AM

 
Blogger Troy said...

Hey there-
Just wondering if you ever got the mail I sent you. Cherry blossoms are beautiful too, I love the rich symbolism they carry. They're used to describe so much. Anyway, hope you're well.
Cheers...

4:16 AM

 
Blogger suzan said...

Christina,
Thanks so much for hanging out with us!!! It really was one of the best vacations I've had. Be good and send me your address (physical, on site address). That way if you're low on supplies I can put some in the mail.

Ja Nee,
s.

2:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home