Japan: The good, the bad, the ugly and everything in between when it comes to being a foreigner in Tokyo.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Sweet Music to My Ears

I've got lots and lots to update on lately, my adventures over the weekend proved to be financially a blessing and lots of fun as well. But... there was one thing that occurred this weekend that was sweet music to my ears.

Sunday, I took 3 jr. high kids to Disneyland. I sometimes help teach at their private English school and the teacher paid me well and bought my ticket to go have fun at Disneyland. The kids were hilarious, and one of them, after talking to me for only 5 minutes, said the following...

ええ、ぺらぺらしゃべる!

English translation: Huh?!?! You speak fluently!

I almost cried.

But then... we hung out the rest of the day, so I'm pretty sure he realized I'm certainly not "perapera." (fluent) But, I'll take what I can get these days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Troy said...

You rock! That is so stinking cool. You cried? Heck, I almost cried... Just kidding. Nonethelesss, well done, thats no small feat.

11:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home