Japan: The good, the bad, the ugly and everything in between when it comes to being a foreigner in Tokyo.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

English is a Girl's Best Friend....

As I rode on the train the other day I spotted this GEM of an advertisement. I couldn't help but snap a pic of it- it turns out English is a girl's new best friend.



Yes, folks, this add does in fact say,
"I want a soft, fluffy sweater,
I want shiny, glittering jewelry,
but what I really want is sparkling English skills."

Ha! I love it!

5 Comments:

Blogger briangrech said...

Thought this was kindof funny/interested - Linked it from my blog ;-))

3:42 AM

 
Blogger Troy said...

Your post reminded of t-shirts I've seen in Japan. They have really bad or complete nonsense english all over them,(plus some equally confusing pic or graphic usually) just like we have shirts covered with absolutely meaningless kanji/hiragana/katakana combinations here in the States. Funny how that works...

4:47 AM

 
Blogger C. Olson said...

Hey Pablo, I heard we'll be seeing you in Tokyo:) That will be awsome. That is a really cool sign...was it an advertisement for an English school?

12:03 PM

 
Blogger suzan said...

I miss Japanese English!

6:05 AM

 
Blogger Scott said...

Hey Christina,
This was a great idea for a post. I liked it so much, I did my own little rendition.

Also, thanks for the link. I've responded in kind. Be prepared for a slew of dirty gunmanians in the mountains reading about metropolitan life in Saitama. :)

1:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home