Japan: The good, the bad, the ugly and everything in between when it comes to being a foreigner in Tokyo.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Sapporo- More Than Just Beer

Tomorrow morning I'm leavin' on a jet plane for Sapporo, located on the northern island of Hokkaido. I'm excited, lemme tell you, but I'm gonna freeze my behind off. I don't even have snow gear. Duh, I know I'm not really prepared, but that's half the fun, right?!? We'll see.... being wet and cold is not so much fun, so I'm gonna try and stay warm. Most excitingly, there's a Snow Festival coming up in Sapporo, where they carve enormous sculptures out of mounds and mounts of snow/ice/anything cold. From the pictures I've seen, there are mini versions of the Parthenon and Big Ben. Well, that and of course a huge Hello Kitty or Pokemon. True to Japanese nature there is a bit of outlandish cuteness/anime obsession in ever corner of this great country. We're going to Sapporo (which is also famous for their beer) a little before the festival starts, but hopefully we'll get to see the workers forming their creations. If not, we can always hit up the beer tour! Enjoy the festival pics for yourself in the comfort and warmth of your home!

http://www.reggie.net/album.php?albid=636

p.s. I haven't yet mastered the link field, so you'll have to use good ol' fashioned cut and paste!

1 Comments:

Blogger suzan said...

I love Sapporo!!! Have a great and make sure you take pictures.

12:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home