Japan: The good, the bad, the ugly and everything in between when it comes to being a foreigner in Tokyo.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Snowy Tokyo

So, here's the wrap up of the weekend.

Friday:

1. Went to Kumagaya for a joint birthday party thrown for me and Jillian. (Happy birthday, Snake!)
2. Stopped at Mark's place, the usual crash pad for pre-funk drinks and birthday presents. (I got a rockin' plant, a mini violin, an ever so thoughtful bottle of wine from Catalunya, yummy chocolates, and a velvet brown/green blazer.) I thought I made out pretty well.
3. Headed to Daikoku, the local bar, where the ruffians there gave me a hot pink fleece top (what's up new pj's), a Mickey Mouse birthday cake, and, best of all, a clam shell bra. Weird. They made me pose with the clams on. Over my shirt, fortunately, but they seemed hopeful for a different decision. That wasn't gonna happen.

Saturday:

1. Woke up at Mark's place to SNOW!
2. Had coffee and toast and headed to Tokyo for the afternoon.
3. Stopped in for lunch at a Freshness Burger- Jillian can tell you every location of the chain restaurant in Tokyo.
3. Walked to the Mori Museum to check out an exhibition and see the view of Tokyo. But... the exhibition was over and the view was too hazy because of the snow... boo. So, to stay out of the cold, we headed to Tully's and grabbed a cup of joe to pass the time before we...
4. Met up with Temple University Japan crew in Shibuya to hit up the nomihodai (all you can drink) session at I Love New York restaurant. Met lots of new friends and had some good grub and drinks, too.

Sunday:

1. Chilled. All day. I went to bed too late last night and church was just too early. Instead, I did nothing but relaxed, watched an episode of Lost via ITunes, made some toast, grocery shopped, went to the 100 yen store, pretended to study Japanese, and, of course, posted this riveting blog entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home