Japan: The good, the bad, the ugly and everything in between when it comes to being a foreigner in Tokyo.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A couple more pics...



Here's a couple more for y'all. This one is my first kimono experience. It was at one of my first orientations in Saitama. It took the girl a good 5-10 minutes to get all the layers on me. Kimono is no simple task. The thing was heavy, but man, it was awesome to wear the traditional Japanese attire.



This one is my English Club girls and my teaching supervisor. We all went out for sushi and attempted to chat in English. They struggled, I'll be honest. Kids in Japan are drilled certain phrases, but really their English level is pretty low. The one question they can answer, without a doubt, is, "How are you?" To this question, the ONLY, and yes, I do mean ONLY response is, "I'm fine thank you, and you?" If I had to bet my life on anything, it would be this truth in Japan: Japanese people are always fine, thank you. Nonetheless, the girls try hard, so I guess that's an A for effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home