Japan: The good, the bad, the ugly and everything in between when it comes to being a foreigner in Tokyo.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Old Happenings

Since the blog breakdown, I decided to go back and post some of the pics that were previously up and also add a couple new ones. These are all from Nikko and Ashio- I visited friends up there about a month ago and went to their town's festival.



This one's a five story pagoda at Toshogu shrine in Nikko. Well- the pagoda and a man with a rented red umbrella. It was a rainy day.



This shot was taken on a path in Nikko's National Park. It was drizzling the day we went and the leaves were still bright, bright green and it was breathtaking. This rock path lay around a small koi pond- I guess you can imagine the path will go any which way you like.



Seriously, such a cutie pie. She was at her town's festival eating cotton candy. She was SO adorable I could barely stand it. Japanese kids are the bomb, I tell you. I can't wait to have some.



Here's a pic of Miki- a little girl I met playing the taiko drums. She was such a sweet little girl and she was rockin' on the drums. Miki played in my friend Heather's taiko group. The whole weekend was really, really fun. I even got to carry the town's shrine along with about a hundred other people. Everyone helps carry this enormous portable shrine through the city streets. I laughed. It was awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger C. Olson said...

Great pictures Pablo! Glad you're doing great. We're staying here for Christmas, but are heading to Kyoto on the 29th. Have a wonderful Christmas!!

8:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home