Japan: The good, the bad, the ugly and everything in between when it comes to being a foreigner in Tokyo.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Home Sweet Home

So, 16 hours after leaving Narita International Airport, I finally arrived at my beloved Barcelona. The family was all there waiting for me- except I had no luggage. I accidentally exited the wrong place and went to the wrong baggage claim. So, I had to go back around the building and work my way inside to the baggage claim. Finally I found the right place and my poor lonely bag was rotating on the machine nearly all by itself. It was a great reuniting, though. I was happy to have her back.

Anyway, so today was sleep-in-and-recover-from-jetlag-day. I slept 12 hours. Yup. I was spent. Today I've just been lounging around the house, doing nothing. Just relaxing and unpacking and wrapping Christmas presents and the like. Tonight for dinner (9:30 is dinner time here) I'm meeting a friend, Marta, and my cousin, Marta, for dinner. Yeah, that's right, two Martas. Anyway, so we are meeting at the Placa Vella, the central plaza in my city- the locale where children run and play, teenagers hang out for way too many hours, couples sit and have a cup of coffee, men sit and chain smoke, and women get together and chat. And, yes, where friends meet to have dinner. I love my hometown!

1 Comments:

Blogger suzan said...

Christina,
I am soooo thinking of you. I'm envious that you're enjoying time in Barcelona. I'm in Hawaii spending time with my mom and dad. My family threw a graduation party for me at one of the Waikiki hotels. The food was Hawaiian buffet. The weather is consistently in the 70s. I hope you have a great time in Spain and safe journey back to Nihon.

Suzan

7:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home