Japan: The good, the bad, the ugly and everything in between when it comes to being a foreigner in Tokyo.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Sneaky Sneaky

Yesterday I called in sick to work. I woke up not feeling the greatest, but I wasn't deathly ill either. But... then... an idea hit me. It was approximately 10 am and I realized Jillian's friend Greg is visiting from New York, who said he would take me out to sushi. I mean, certainly I didn't feel like I could run a marathon but then again, who can turn down a sushi offer?!? So, he and I went out to lunch at the Tsukiji fish market in Tokyo where we loaded up on fatty tuna (it was phat, too) and salmon as well as plenty other delectable treats from the sea. Oishii. Hontouni oishii. That's Japanese for: It was the bomb.

Then after lunch Greg and I went to Ueno Park to check out the Museum of Western Art. Kinda bizarre to be in the East and checking out Western art... but it was alright. And, it was cheap, so that's a plus. All in all it was a nice sick day. I was rested and rejuvenated for work today. I needed lots of sushi to replenish and reboot my system. Now I'm feeling good.

BUT.... just remember.... this is between me and you. Don't let the boss find out about my little excursion! Shhhhhhh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home