Japan: The good, the bad, the ugly and everything in between when it comes to being a foreigner in Tokyo.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Tokyo Marathon 2007

Well, the day has finally arrived... I'm racing/running/trying to survive the first ever Tokyo Marathon tomorrow. I'm realistic, however, and know my limitations, so I'm only running half and then quitting and taking a shuttle to the finish line. Ha! 13 miles is a lot for lil ole me, so I'm nervous but hopeful. Worst of all, the forecast is for rain. Oh dear. I don't really know how to run in rain- I'm not that hard core! I usually just hit the treadmill at the gym, so if it rains I think all hell is gonna break loose. Ah well, it'll be a good laugh!

And yes, it will be televised in Japan, so if you're watching from home and see a little halfie huffing and puffing along- cheer for me! (and then say a prayer!!!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will tune in! what channel will it be on? NHK? let me know

peace

5:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home