Japan: The good, the bad, the ugly and everything in between when it comes to being a foreigner in Tokyo.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

T'estimo Barcelona

Here are just a few pics of my family in Spain and some of the sights I visited. Spain is always the perfect balance of home life with a little sighseeing on the side. I couldn't ask for a better way to spend 3 weeks... good food, great sights, a family to make anyone envious. Yeah, you could say I had an alright time in the fatherland.

Check it out...



Queralt, turning 9 this year. She is convinced Santa is real and it is the cutest thing ever.



Enric, turning 4 in March. He was trying to escape the camera but I caught him on the floor and snapped a pic while he laughed.



Then there's Robert, Sofia, and I in Girona, a historical city just north of Barcelona. My family and I went there for a daytrip and we snapped this pic on the famous Girona bridges lined with houses. (check out the pic below)



It was a beautiful sunny day so we walked around the city and checked out some of the architecture and sights. The city has a small river that flows through it so there are lots of bridges and the houses are built all along the river. Imagine waking up to that view.



Last up, I went up to Banyoles, another city in Catalunya to visit the lake, go out to the countryside and get some fresh air. Here's the lake of the city surrounded by a stunning park where we saw many a happy hiker or biker enjoying the crisp winter day.

Isn't Europe beautiful?!?! (and by that I mean, isn't my family beautiful! haha) I'll be sure to post more pics soon, starting with our 3 day adventure in Madrid that included pitchers of sangria, museum overload, and almost getting killed in a middle-of-nowhere-park. Ahhh... nothing like life-threatening events to spice things up. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Miquel said...

Que bo Cristina!!Hem sembla molt be que t´agrades Banyoles i Besalú,però no veig el nom del Xofer/fotograf que et va acompanyar.Crec que es deia Miquel,no?(Ha,ha)
Un Petò.

10:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home