Japan: The good, the bad, the ugly and everything in between when it comes to being a foreigner in Tokyo.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

While you were out...

So this past weekend, in celebration of my ENTIRE apartment building being vacant I decided to throw a party. However, my apartment is the size of a shoebox, so I thought I would use my neighbors empty apartment instead, and it turned out to be good times. If you're asking how I broke into my neighbor's place, I actually have all the keys in the building since I am in charge as everyone has moved out. Hence... reason to party. Anyway, to set the stage I linked up an extension cord so we had a kicking sound system and some mood lighting, moved the small furniture from my house into theirs and set up camp. I even cooked my grandma's famous truita de patata, a Spanish de-lite made of egg, potato and onion. It turned out to be, as expected, nothing even close to the taste of heaven that is my grandmother's food--- but it was my feeble attempt to bring Spain to Japan.

Being that I am no cook, I did my best. Here are the results and you can clearly tell I'm quite proud to have created something actually edible.


There she is. Ain't she a beauty?! C'mon... admit it... she looks de-lish.


Me and my creation. Bonissima!


And, of course a party is only a party with people you love... so, here's a pic of me and Cassie. Cassie is the other Tokorozawan JET, who just happens to make my life in Japan a hundred times more fun!

Well... for now, I'm off. Time for bed- this weekend is pre-Halloween fun and I gotta get my rest in now before the festivities begin. What's on the lineup? Party, film festival, more party... yeah Tokyo, here I come.

2 Comments:

Blogger suzan said...

Hey,
You're creation looks like okonomiyaki. Either way, yummy.

Suzan

9:06 AM

 
Blogger Cass said...

Hmm, fritata with okomiyaki sauce.... could be interesting.

Just commenting to testify that it was an awesome party and although Christina is always talking about what a bad cook she is (silly!) the food was delicious.

11:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home