Japan: The good, the bad, the ugly and everything in between when it comes to being a foreigner in Tokyo.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

雨はダメ!

It has been pouring rain for what feels like days now. Seriously Japan, why say the rainy season is in May and June if the typhoons roll around in September?!? Japan loves the 4 seasons. It is inevitable that someone will always ask me as the seasons are changing, "Does America, like Japan, have 4 distinct seasons?" I usually answer, "Yes! Of course!" with a silly grin on my face just to avoid a lengthy conversation that I will invariably struggle through. But what I'm really thinking is more like, "No, moron. America is a big place. We've got a gazillion different climates. If you live in Alaska or Hawaii or New York or Kansas, the weather is different. Japan only has 4 seasons? Pathetic." Okay, so I'm not really that harsh in my head, but why love the 4 seasons of Japan SO much? Is it really neccessary? Then you get days like today, when it's changing into fall, and it's not the rainy season, but it's pouring down rain. Such unreasonable rigidity regarding the seasons only leads to disappointment if you ask me.

All I'm thinking is 雨はダメ=Ame wa dame... in other words...Rain, rain, for the love, please go away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cass said...

Word.

8:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home