Japan: The good, the bad, the ugly and everything in between when it comes to being a foreigner in Tokyo.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Last week was Culture Day in Japan, so a couple of Japanese friends and I hit up the man-made lake to go fishing. Not only was the lake man-made, the black bass were imported from America. What the heck?! Being that it was culture day, I think our days lineup was perfectly culturally Japanese. Lots of people crammed around a fake lake, paying money to indulge in their hobby and not even getting to keep the fish.(catch and release only, even in the land of sushi!)

Nonetheless, it was good times. Beautiful sunny weather, a cup of coffee, and friends. What more could a girl ask for?!



Me getting bored, taking picks as I wait for the fish to bite.



Here's a view of the lake. It's pretty darn small. Unbelievably, on the dock in the middle of the lake there was even a vending machine. As you can imagine, vending machines are overrunning this country.



Finally... our first catch of the day!! Junichi rounded out the day as the fishing king, catching 4 fish.



And... yes, FINALLY I caught a fish! I was gonna try and take the hook out of its mouth but I took one look at it and decided to pass. No way was I touching that slimy creature.



I might not have touched my catch, but you better believe I was still proud I caught it! Check out that disgusted look on my face! I was so happy I caught something the old Japanese man next to us asked if I wanted to measure it. Ha! It's like 3 inches long. I guess he could tell I was quite ecstatic to have actually caught something after hours of nothingness on a dock. :) Yeay for Culture Day. Anything is better than, work, right?!?

1 Comments:

Blogger Troy said...

So, the picture looking directly down at your feet seriously makes it look like you're floating off the ground!

7:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home