Japan: The good, the bad, the ugly and everything in between when it comes to being a foreigner in Tokyo.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Summer time catch up

Since it's summer and I've got free time now, thank goodness, I thought I'd post up some new pics I took around my kinjou (neighborhood) and Tokyo. Enjoy!


Kawagoe is known for it's old Japanese-style buildings, sweet shops, and temples. There was a recent festival around the city so my brother and sister and I checked it out- and I must say it did not disappoint.


We also saw this kid performing on a small shrine with Taiko drummers, being pulled to the temple. Love that face!


Old and new in Japan.


Yeah, I live countryside. And yeah, I DO love my morning bike-ride commute.


A view from the train as the world flies by. I've taken the train a million times- sometimes I forget to actually look out the window and enjoy the scenery. Life is in the journey, not the destination, right?!


Blue buses in a black and white world.


Night festival at my local temple. Taiko drumming, karaoke competitions, and cotton candy!


The shop around the corner. Always good for yaki imo (sweet potato) and fresh veggies, straight from the backyard.


Harajuku girls. You'd have to see it to believe it. And... I hope you DO see it someday!

Come and see Tokyo- you've got a guide waiting for you!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Hey Hey Kiddo, and hello from Russia!

I'm going to miss you, too. It's definitely been a fun two years. Hope you enjoy your third! Be sure to drop me a line the next time you end up in Seattle.

Take care and keep in touch!

10:47 PM

 
Blogger suzan said...

Natsukashii!!!

8:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home