Japan: The good, the bad, the ugly and everything in between when it comes to being a foreigner in Tokyo.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Goodbyes and Hellos

Life has been a crazy blur lately- hence the lack of posts, but as I now have a second to update, here's what's been going on in my world lately....

Well, as July is coming to a close, it also marks the end of the JET contract. Not for me, but for other people. I'll be staying on another year, which means I've had lots of sayonara parties and farewells to take care of.

Just a few of the people that I've grown to love these 2 years...



Here's me and Scott sharing a Mister Donuts moment. Scott and I met in Seattle 2 years ago and have been kicking it ever since. We came to Japan on JET and luckily he loves to party, so he knows Tokyo better than I do even though he lives out in the country. That always feels good- getting shown up by the country folk in my own backyard! HA! Thanks Scott for all the memories- I'm gonna miss you 'round here!



And then, my partner in crime, Cassie. She's been living here in my lil city for 2 years, so there's been plenty of good times for us around here. Japanese lessons, camping, Taiwan, and here at the baseball game with her boy Bryn. I love this girl! Ganbatte back in Oz. I'm gonna come visit you soon!

Luckily, I've had a few hellos around here too...




My brother and sister arrived in Japan! Finally, people. ;) They're here for two weeks, so we've been having lots of fun checking out Tokyo and we'll be off to Kyoto, Nara, and Kobe this week. Yahoo.



We even fit in some soccer viewing- seeing Japan in the Asia Cup. Glad I have two soccer pros to teach me about the game and cheer for Nihon with. We have been checking out the city, staying up late every night and sleeping in late every day! Can I get what what for summer vacation?!? :)

I'll be sure to post pics of the travels around Tokyo and Kyoto soon. Mom just arrived 2 days ago so the whole gang is...reunited and it feels so goooooood!(can you name that song?!)

Be well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home